- 2 lbs. Beef flank (chuck/cheek, or stew meat)
- 1 bottle Province red wine
- 1 white onion (no outer skin)
- 1 carrot (sliced into 1-inch slices)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 clove spice
- 1 leek (add only the white part in three pieces)
- 1 celery stalk (cut in large pieces)
- 3 strips orange peel (orange zest)
- Salt and pepper (to your liking)
Preparing the marinade:
This marinade is made the night before and will help to flavor your meat before it slow-cooks the next day. You’ll need to have a large bowl to put all of your ingredients. Your meat needs to be cubed into 2-inch square cubes and added to the bowl first. Open your wine and pout this into the bowl covering your meat. Then you add all of your ingredients. You will also press your garlic by pressing 2 of them and crushing the 2 others with a flat knife edge.
Be sure to mix it well and cover it with plastic wrap. This should marinate for at least 8 hours and needs to be mixed 2 or 3 times while it sits in the fridge.